We use your personal information in order to fulfil our commitment to providing an unparalleled guest experience in connection with all of your interactions with Lazdana (the “Purpose”). As part of that undertaking, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the personal information that we gather.
As one of our guests or someone else with whom we interact, you understand and agree that we may collect, use, and share your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
The Application of this Policy
While this Policy is intended to describe the broadest range of our information collection, processing and sharing activities globally, some activities may be more limited in some jurisdictions based on the particular laws or regulations in those regions. For example, the laws of a particular country/region may limit the types of personal information we can collect or the manner in which we process that information. In those instances, we adjust our internal policies and/or practices to reflect the requirements of local law.
Information We May Collect
We collect and process your personal information in order to provide you the best experience possible when you interact with us. The information we collect may vary by jurisdiction/region or by your preferred method of interaction with us’
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect the above-referenced categories of personal information from the following categories of sources:
Directly from you: Much of the personal information we process is information that you or someone acting on your behalf directly provides to us.
From other businesses or individuals: We work with business and marketing partners and social media platforms that give us personal information about you that they have collected either directly or indirectly from you. We also use features that let your friends and family give us your personal information, for example when a family member or friend checks in on your behalf. We also may receive your personal information from (i) someone acting on your behalf, such as your travel agent or your employer (where your employer books travel for you), (ii) your travel provider, such as an airline, or (iii) your third party card or loyalty scheme provider.
From social media: If you post to one of our pages on a social media site, we may receive Contact and Identification Information, Stay and Purchase Information, Internet and Network Activity, and any other personal information contained in your social media posts or profile.
How We Use Your Information
Subject to applicable laws, we may collect, use, and disclose your personal information in order to:
- Provide, charge for, and manage hotel accommodation and other goods and services;
- Provide you with customer support and a better or more personalized level of service at Lazdana Locations as well as through the Website, Application, frequent guest program (third party applications, products or services, or through products or services Lazdana develops in the future;
- Allow us to evaluate, analyze, and improve the functionality of our Websites, Applications, or goods and services;
- Facilitate concierge services on your behalf, e.g., restaurant, attraction and transportation transactions;
- Administer loyalty, travel, or discount programs and our guest program
- Administer contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions;
- Fulfil contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g., travel agents, group travel organizers, or your employer) and vendors (e.g., credit card companies, airline operators, and third party loyalty, travel, or discount programs);
- Conduct market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys;
- Conduct marketing and sales promotions and serve targeted advertising for products, services, events, or promotions you might be interested in. Where permitted by law, we may work with other companies to serve advertisements or marketing that we think you may find relevant and useful. This may include advertisements displayed on our own Websites or Applications, contained in emails or other communications sent by us, or advertisements from us displayed on other companies’ websites. The advertisements you see may be based on information collected by us or third parties and/or may be based on your activities on our Websites, Applications or third-party websites;
- Provide for the safety and security of staff, guests and other visitors;
- Prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, cyber incidents, or other illegal activity;
- Communicate with you about our relationship, such as updates to this Policy or other important legal or business changes;
- Administer general record keeping;
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- Test and evaluate new products and services;
- Process credit applications;
- Fulfil other purposes as disclosed to you in accordance with applicable law or with your consent; and
- Use certain pieces of personal information to verify your identity if you make requests regarding your personal information pursuant to this Policy. The verification steps and the pieces of personal information that we request may vary depending on the sensitivity and nature of your request.
When we process your personal information as one of our guests or someone else with whom we do business, we do so in our legitimate interests (as detailed above), because of legal obligations we are subject to, or because the information is required to fulfil contractual obligations either to you, to anyone involved in making your travel arrangements (e.g., travel agents, group travel organizers, or your employer) and/or to vendors (e.g., credit card companies, airline operators, and third party loyalty, travel, or discount programs).
Disclosures of Your Personal Information
From time to time, we may disclose your personal information. We would always make that disclosure in accordance with applicable law. In some jurisdictions, data privacy laws may require us to obtain your consent before we transfer your information from your originating country to other countries. When you agree to this Policy, you are, to the extent required and permitted under your local law, granting your consent to the transfer of your personal information to such other countries for the purpose and to the extent stated in this section and as described in Section 5 above
Interacting with us Online
If you interact with us online, you may wish to know the following:
You Can Browse Without Revealing Who You Are
You can always visit our websites without logging in or otherwise revealing who you are.
Cookies and Related Technologies
Our websites may also contain plug-ins and other features that integrate third party social media platforms into our websites. You will be able to activate them manually. If you do so, the third parties who operate these platforms may be able to identify you, they may be able to determine how you use this website and they may link and store this information with your social media profile. Please consult the data protection policies of these social media platforms to understand what they will be doing with your personal data. If you activate these plug-ins and other features, you will be doing so at your own risk
When you download or register to use one of our apps, you may submit personal information to us such as your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, personal description and/or image.
You may always choose what personal information (if any) you wish to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, some of your experiences with us may be affected (for example, we cannot take a reservation without a name).
If you provide us with your contact details (e.g., postal address, email address, telephone number or fax number), we may contact you to let you know about the products, services, promotions and events offered that we think you may be interested in. We may also share your personal information with carefully-selected third parties, who may communicate directly with you. In some jurisdictions, data privacy laws may require us to obtain a separate consent before we do so. You can always choose whether or not to receive any or all of these communications by contacting us as described in Section 14 below or following the “unsubscribe” instructions contained in the communications.
If you have an account with our frequent guest program ,we ask you to indicate your communication preferences at the time you apply for membership or when you create your user profile. We may also ask you to indicate how you would like to receive any offers, marketing and promotional information (e.g., via email or regular mail) and whether you would be willing to participate in surveys. Once you have indicated your preferences, you can always change them.
Updating or Accessing Your Personal Information and Your other Privacy Rights
With some limited exceptions, you may access and update personal information held about you. If you want to inquire about any personal information we may have about you, you can do so by clicking here, or by sending us a written request by letter or email to the addresses set out in Section 14 below. Please be sure to include your full name, address and telephone number and a copy of a document evidencing your identity (such as an ID card or passport) so we can ascertain your identity and whether we have any personal information regarding you, or in case we need to contact you to obtain any additional information we may require to make that determination. Where you make more than one request in quick succession, we may respond to your subsequent request by referring to our earlier response and only identifying any items that have changed materially.
You may request that we correct, delete, and/or stop or restrict processing or using personal information that we hold about you by clicking here, or by sending a letter or email to the addresses set out in Section 13 below. If we agree that the personal information is incorrect, or that the processing should be stopped, we will delete or correct the personal information. If we do not agree that the personal information is incorrect we will tell you that we do not agree, explain our refusal to you and record the fact that you consider that personal information to be incorrect in the relevant file(s).
As is the case for all consumers regardless of residency, we will not discriminate against you because you exercised any of these rights. Note that for purposes of these rights, personal information does not include information about job applicants, employees and other of our personnel; information about employees and other representatives of third-party entities we may interact with; or information we have collected as a service provider to our clients.
Changes to this Policy
Just as our business changes constantly, this Policy may also change.
Request for Access to Personal Information/Questions or Complaints
If you have any questions about this Policy, about the processing of your data described, or any concerns or complaints with regard to the administration of the Policy, or if you would like to submit a request (in the manner described in Section 11 above) to exercise your rights in relation to the personal information that we maintain about you, please click here or contact us by any of the following means:
- By calling one of the following toll-free reservation numbers on lazdana.com
- By mail at Lazdana Hotels & Resorts, or
- By contacting the front desk at any of our locations.
If you are not satisfied with the response that you receive, you can escalate your concern by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of any inconsistencies between the English version of this Policy and any version of this Policy in any other language, the English version shall prevail